top of page

Food Group

Public·1 member

Buy Windows 7 Product Key From Microsoft

The product key is in the confirmation email you received after buying your digital copy of Windows. Microsoft only keeps a record of product keys if you purchased from the Microsoft online store. You can find out if you purchased from Microsoft in your Microsoft account Order history.

buy windows 7 product key from microsoft

The product key used on this device didn't work with this edition of Windows. You might need to get in touch with the store or company you bought Windows from, enter a different product key, or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows.

If you made a substantial hardware changes to your device (such as replacing the motherboard) and you have a valid product key, try to activate Windows by phone. In the search box on the taskbar, type SLUI 04, select SLUI 04 from the list of results, and then follow the instructions on the screen to activate Windows. For more info about reactivating Windows 11 (Version 1607 or later) after a hardware change, see Reactivating Windows after a hardware change.

This error occurs when a Volume License (a license that was bought from Microsoft by an organization to install Windows on multiple devices) was used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. To fix the problem, you might need to use a different product key to activate Windows on your device. Contact your organization's support person for more info.

If you made a substantial hardware changes to your device (such as replacing the motherboard) and you have a valid product key, try to activate Windows by phone. In the search box on the taskbar, type SLUI 04, select SLUI 04 from the list of results, and then follow the instructions on the screen to activate Windows. For more info about reactivating Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later) after a hardware change, see Reactivating Windows after a hardware change.

If you are converting a computer from a KMS host, MAK, or retail edition of Windows to a KMS client, install the applicable product key (GVLK) from the list below. To install a client product key, open an administrative command prompt on the client, and run the following command and then press Enter:

To exercise downgrade rights, you can use media for Windows 7 Professional that you acquire from any source. During installation, don't enter a product key. After completing installation, you'll need to activate your newly installed copy of Windows 7 by using the telephone activation option and explaining that you are using downgrade rights.

If you have the original Windows 7 installation media and product key and have removed the operating system from the PC on which it was originally installed, you can reuse that key on any PC. You might be required to activate over the phone; when asked, be sure to specify (truthfully) that your copy of Windows 7 is installed on only one PC.

If the PC on which you want to install Windows 7 originally included a license for any version of Windows, you can buy a Windows 7 upgrade license from any vendor that has the software in stock and install that upgrade on your PC. You don't need to reinstall the old operating system; if you want to perform a clean install using upgrade media, you can use the workaround I describe in this post: Boot from the upgrade media and do an installation without entering a product key. Then use the same media to "upgrade" your brand-new installation.

I am currently dealing with this issue with windows 7 that I purchased from techsupplyking in March of 2014. I installed and activated my downloaded copy of Windows 7 professional in March and monitored it with windows automatic updates for a month and a half and it still showed as genuine. Because the software was reasonably priced, I was skeptical and I did a google search to determine if it was legitimate. There were no issues with the windows 7. There were some issues with Office where it looked like some people who didn't know what they were doing had problems with the download and install process. Also, they were and still are listed as a Microsoft partner.

After much research, I found the numbers for volume license support. I called and actually spoke to a person. After much time on hold and being hung up on twice, I got through the process and the support tech explained that the product key was blocked and marked as suspected pirated. He further explained that multiple attempts to activate with this key have caused it to be flagged. I said that I knew that I had a Genuine copy of windows, because Microsoft has been telling me that it is Genuine for the last year. He acknowledged that it was indeed genuine for that year. I then asked him what I had to do to make it Genuine again. He said that I needed to activate with a valid product key. I told him that I wasn't going to buy windows twice. How can windows be genuine one day and not genuine the next? It can't be, unless the definition of Genuine is changed by Microsoft to anything that it wants.

Since the first installation has reported the not genuine error, others have turned. On one machine, I ran MGAdiag on a Saturday and on Monday, it was reporting not genuine. Apparently Microsoft will decide to invalidate a product key and this does not affect the genuine software that is out there. However, Microsoft, through windows updates will periodically check for Genuineness. One test is apparently whether the product key is valid or not. If it is not valid, the software is deemed not Genuine and must be activated by a valid product key. In other words, the user of genuine Microsoft windows must buy it again in order to continue using it. Supposedly, because the product key has been misused.

There are two things that I would like to see. One is a version of MGAdiag that tests the validity of the product key and two, a setting that will block windows update from invalidating windows based on the product key if it has been more than 90 days since activation.

If there is no support for my Windows, then why should I buy anything from your product? I bought my time laptop with Windows. Now, for some reason, the laptop burned out and I can't use my Windows on another laptop. Why even buy a licensed Windows that I can not restore

If there is no support for my Windows, then why should I buy anything from your product? I bought my time laptop with Windows. Now, for some reason, the laptop burned out and I can't use my Windows on another laptop. Why even buy a licensed Windows that I can not restore. The license has no expiration date. You say that there is no support

Thanks to its stability and reliability, Windows 7 Operating System is still one of the most used and beloved Microsoft Operating Systems. And now you can buy your Windows 7 license at the best price from Mr Key Shop, your trusted Microsoft products reseller! We always recommend protecting your devices by also installing a valid and effective Antivirus against cyber attacks.

If you have an old, retail (non-OEM) copy of Windows 7, 8 or 10 you are no longer using on another PC, you can likely use the product key when you do a fresh install of Windows on your new PC. However, you must first make sure it's deactivated on the old PC it came from. See our article on how to transfer a Windows 10 or 11 license to a new PC for step-by-step information on how to retrieve and move your key.

Note that if the product key comes from a prebuilt computer that came from the factory with Windows on it, it has an OEM key that may not work on a different new PC. Feel free to try it, though, because if it works you have Windows 10 or 11 for free.

Excellent description, just read carefully and slow. It means that OEM windows 7 versions can indeed be transferred to another computer as long as the license is removed (with slmgr.vbs /upk in admin mode) from the previous computer.

I have a question. I bought Windows 10 for my new PC build, no other version of Windows was on this new PC. I now want to upgrade my motherboard. So if I understand correctly I can format my boot drive on the first built PC, download the installer to a flash drive, and I can then install Windows 10 on the new motherboard. I have the original product key from when I bought Windows 10. Do I understand this right?? Thank you!!

Very good article and well written but I still have a little bit of confusion. I bought windows 8 pro dvd (retail license). Then I installed it on my pc. Then I upgraded to windows 8.1 pro. Then I upgraded it to windows 10 pro. However I am planning to buy a new pc that has windows 10 home preinstalled. Please tell the exact steps needed to transfer windows 10 pro license from old to new computer and replace the windows 10 home oem license ? Do I need to uninstall windows 10 pro key from old pc first and then use the easy upgrade feature from within windows 10 home on new pc?Will I be able to do it after July 29th this year? If old computer has 64 bit and new pc has 32 bit,is the transfer still possible?

I have the product key of the latest windows 10 Pro version (July) which is a retail version. I want to ask that if I want to transfer the license key to d new machine all I need to do is to uninstall the product key and write down d key whenever they demand during installation in the new laptop. Am I right Andre? Will it be activated automatically on my new machine since I have used d key of the latest version of d windows 10? 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• chaiseats
    chaiseats
bottom of page